Friday, March 9, 2018

Perfected Ch. 22-23


ARE WE READY FOR CREEPER TOWN?!


No. No one is.

My pets really want attention when i'm trying to snark



Chapter Twenty-two

Ella and Congressman DoucheChill arrive home and he's a smug Douche. 

Before I could leave, he grabbed my arm. "Make sure you get your rest tonight."

Seriously, first page of the chapter



 It's not quite as creepy as it sounds, or at least not to Ella. She apparently knows he means that she's not allowed to sneak out at night any more to make out with Penn.

Ella heads to her room but stops and overhears Penn talking to Claire. Claire is bitching about how their dad bought a girl instead of a dog. Penn tries to convince Claire to give Ella a chance instead of writing her off.

"I never even wanted a pet dog. What makes you think I'll like some little princess of a girl who's obviously got her claws set in my brother?"

Of course. I was hoping Claire's frostiness was because her dad IS A FREAK WHO BOUGHT A HUMAN BEING AS A SLAVE but no, it's because Penn likes a pretty girl. And not even the fact that HE likes HER, but because she thinks Ella is USING HIM. Why does this book hate me.


"I see the way you look at her. You and Dad both. It's disgusting. And don't tell me I'm making it up. I saw you holding hands with her at the opera, like she was some sweet little waif so touched by the music that she could hardly stand it. Nobody actually cries at the opera. She just knows how to work you."

EXCUSE YOU CLAIRE, SPEAK FOR YOUR OWN DAMN SELF.

She obviously didn't see Ella having sex with the piano.

Apparently Claire knows Penn is lying about Ella "not being like that" because he's doing something with his eyebrows. I don't even know. 

"How can you even stand to have her here? Did you forget about what happened the last time? How she ruined our family?"

The actual fuck? Claire, I'm pretty sure the pet WOULD NOT HAVE GOTTEN PREGNANT IF YOUR DAD DIDN'T RAPE HER. Just saying!!!!!!!!!

IS CLAIRE SERIOUSLY BLAMING A SEX SLAVE FOR 'RUINING THEIR FAMILY' WHEN HER DAD PASSED LEGISLATION MAKING IT LEGAL TO OWN HUMAN BEINGS AS PETS AND THEN BOUGHT ONE AND RAPED HER AND HAD HER MURDERED? IS SHE SERIOUSLY SAYING IT WAS RAVENNA'S FAULT THAT HER DAD IS A FUCKING DUMPSTER FIRE OF A HUMAN BEING?



Anyway, Penn's like, "she's different!" and Claire's all "She'll do the same thing!"

Unless Ravenna forced herself on DoucheChill, I highly doubt that. God. What the actual hell.

Claire tells Penn he has to stop because DoucheChill will make his life hell. 

I didn't want to hurt anyone. Especially not Penn. He wasn't the one Claire should be chastising for dreaming that there was a future between us. It was me. I was the one who'd started to hope that things would be different.

Or.... this is JUST A THOUGHT, one of these people could maybe... I don't know... TALK ABOUT HOW HORRIBLE IT IS TO KEEP A HUMAN BEING AS A PET? Literally the only person in this book that has even said it's bad was freaking Rhonda the loonbat. Not even PENN. WHO IS SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD PERSON.

Ella freaks out and runs to Missy's house (the other pet if you don't remember). She becomes a total creeper herself and stalks Missy's window and taps on the glass. Missy opens the window and lets Ella in.

"I've had plenty of people knock at my window at night wanting to be let in," she said, "but this is a new one."

Wait, what?

Ella starts crying.

"So...it's a boy." Missy said [and yes, it was improperly punctuated in the printed book]

Wait, what?

How did Missy come to that conclusion?

Anyway they talk about Ella not meaning to fall in love with him, and she can't go back home. Ella wants to run away with Missy, and remembers that she has the address of the people who help pets get to freedom.

Missy says they can't do it because their owners would find them, and she's afraid of what would happen if their owners sold them to bad owners.

Before I realized what she was doing, she grabbed the silver bell at her bedside and shook it. "Help!" she screamed. "Help! Master!"

Not that I'm shocked in the slightest

Ella tries to get out the window, but she's caught. 


Chapter Twenty-three

Missy's owner demands to know what's going on, and Missy tells him that Ella tried to kidnap her. Jayne, who was awakened in the commotion, tells her dad that Ella is Kimball's pet. Jayne's dad takes Ella into his office and calls DoucheChill. 

Ella freaks out because she realizes she screwed up her second chance after the congressman DoucheChill found out about her and Penn. DoucheChill shows up to collect Ella. Ella meekly goes to stand by DoucheChill. 

"I don't know what sort of training program her kennel had, but quite a few of them offer special programs for situations like this. Even the least subservient can be made to obey," Missy's master said. "If we do it with our Dobermans, we can do it with them, right?"

THIS BOOK IS 




Also Jayne's dad is like YO WANNA DRINK. Nice. Anyway, DoucheChill takes Ella home. In her room, he starts stroking her hair and apologizing for having to do what he's about to do.

His grip tightened as he knotted his fingers through the hair at the back of my  neck.

Oy.

His grip was strong. He didn't let go as he pushed me forward.

WHAT

Welded to the metal band [on the post of her bed] a long chain sat coiled on the floor. It rattled as he wrapped the chain around my wrist, fastening the end with a lock. he turned the key once and gave it a tug, testing it.


.......




Penn walks in after Ella is chained to her bed. DoucheChill explains to him that she tried to run away again and Penn is upset that she's being treated like an animal (ONLY NOW YOU THINK THIS PENCIL NECK?)

"You can cut the melodrama," the congressman snapped. "It's plenty long for her to move about the room. It'll stretch all the way to the bathroom so settle down. It's not like it's cruel and unusual punishment."
 Okay I just sat here for five minutes in utter dumbfounded amazement. I can't find the proper gif for what I'm currently feeling. I just don't even know what to say right now. Oh wait. Yes I do.



 DoucheChill.... serial killers and those assholeswho kidnap people for sexual purposes chain up their victims. Just letting you know.


Penn tries to argue and DoucheChill yells at him to go back to bed. He turns off the light and leaves as well.

The next morning Ruby crawls into bed with Ella. She was worried because Ella always wakes up early and she wasn't around when Ruby got up. PROTECT THIS PRECIOUS CHILD.
Last night, I hadn't considered what it would be like to leave Ruby behind. I'd only thought about myself and Penn. It wasn't fair of me to forget about this little girl that obviously needed me.

This is actually really sweet but still it's messed up because THIS ENTIRE SITUATION IS MESSED UP.

Also is Ruby not going to comment on Ella being CHAINED TO HER BED? Apparently not, because she complains about her mom and Claire and Grant going out and her dad being grumpy. Ruby says that she loves Ella and gives her a hug.

Ella had assumed the chain was only for when she went to bed, but nope, she's chained everywhere in the house including the kitchen. She can't keep her eyes off Penn, and she's fingering the area with the microchip. She's gonna cut it out, isn't she?

Claire and Grant walk in and Claire is catty about Ella running away. Penn announces that he's leaving because he can't see Ella chained up. Grant is like YOU SHOULD TAKE HER BACK AND GET ANOTHER ONE FROM A DIFFERENT KENNEL. I hate him.


"I don't know," the congressman's wife said, finally looking up. "Chaining her up..is that the way [Greenich Kennels] expect us to deal with things? God, I feel like we've relapsed to the Middle Ages. I can hardly stand to look at her.

Elise is slowly earning her way back into my affections.

"The director at Greenwich said it's probably just her hormones. Sometimes these pets are a little too much like their teenage counterparts. I guess they can't control genetics as much as they'd hoped." The congressman sighed again and leaned back, folding his arms across his chest. "She probably ran away because she was in heat."

I'M GOING TO KILL HIM WITH A CHAINSAW WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

Also, IN HEAT? IN HEAT? TEENAGE HORMONES ARE NOT LIKE A CAT IN HEAT YOU ABSOLUTE WALNUT.

Also, I think he unintentionally implied that Ella wanted to get it on with Missy.

DoucheChill announces Ella is going to be "spayed" because tubal ligation totally helps with a teenager wanting to have sexual relations.

Though I'm beginning to wonder if they'd do a full hysterectomy. My god. ALSO DOES ELLA HAVE A PERIOD? I THINK THAT WOULD BE IMPORTANT INFO TO KNOW.

DoucheChill seems to think making it so Ella no longer has a working reproductive system will mean she won't run away again. Okay, dude. Elise is really pissed about all of this, and rightly so. Ella thinks the same thing I do, that it won't make her want to stay.

Later on, Ella is sitting in DoucheChill's office. Ruby comes in. She wants Ella to come outside to play, and DoucheChill won't let her because he's too busy to watch her. Ruby asks to take off the chains, and says that Ella looks sad. DoucheChill finally tells her to have Penn chain her up outside.

Penn ends up bolting the chain to the pool house. He's really freaked out. Ruby is catching butterflies. Apparently she's not phased by this, really. Sheesh.

Penn asks Ella why she ran away, and he's all super hurt that she RAN AWAY FROM HIM GOD PENN GET SOME PERSPECTIVE.

Which... he actually does? Ella doesn't say anything but looks at him pleadingly and he nods and touches her fingers.

God. This book. Good lord.



 



2 comments:

  1. You good, Catherine? I guess it's been years since you found another bad file, eh?





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like I went back to college and didn't have time to dissect the crap books I read :P I do miss this blog though.

      Delete