Thursday, June 2, 2011

And So It Begins...

I came up with this blog while babysitting four rambunctious boys. Self, I thought while reading a crappy book while the boys were playing Xbox, you like reading crappy books. You like making fun of things. Why not blog about it?

And then my friend commented that it was like Rifftrax for books, and I was even more excited.

My good friend Ellabel knows very well how much I like to comment on crappy romance novels. We discovered a ridiculous romance novel called The Pleasure Chest, and I had to buy it. In the margins I drew pictures and wrote my own commentary on the ridiculous nature of the book, and sent it along to Ellabel to read. At MidSouthCon we had ceremonial recitations, out loud, of the sex scenes. It was hilarious.

My first offering was bought solely for the title. The Virgin Bride said, "Wow!" If that doesn't inspire you to want to read this... well, then I wouldn't blame you. However, I'm just the sort of person who would read it with relish!

I plan on doing a chapter by chapter review, with each chapter having it's own post. At least that's the plan. I'll post snippets of the writing, distill the plot, and have some fun commentary along the way.

Requests for different books are much encouraged (And no, they don't have to be bad! I'd love to review good fiction as well!). :)

Let's get this party started.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my God.
    Your chapter snarks are HILARIOUS!
    I read practically all of them in one day.

    Did you say you take requests?
    Please do the Selection series.
    Feel free to hate on it, bash it, GO CRAZY! I'd love to read your criticism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I haven't had much time for chapter snarks lately, but the Selection has been on my "shit list" so.... Who knows?!?!

      Delete